Depressing times

As I lay under the warm Dehradun sun with a pile of newspapers and magazines comfortably snuggled on the reclining chair I realised that the holidays that I had much awaited has passed under the blink of an eye with merely a few hours left before I catch the train back to Delhi. The news as always is bad and I am reading an article in the outlook 'how to stay happy in these depressing times?" The article just makes you feel that the blues are everywhere and everyone is in "pursuit of happiness" and well being. Khuswant Singh, Abul Kalam Azad and some other guy recommends the top three things for happiness. Which figured as follows-a) A good bank balance b) family ties c) I forgot…I only remember the other article it recommended a 14 MP G10 Canon Power Shot! Phew! Quite a list. I need to acquire all of them.
I have been telling everybody that 2008 has been a bad year for everyone. A year of loss and suffering and yet it hasn't been so bad either. A mixed bag maybe with a little too much of bad like an over salted curry. I guess even God can't get it right every time. Gosh! Only three days left for the year to end. Time does fly.
I was reading the Celestine Prophecy about "life review" about how death is a period when we get to review life. Somehow the spiritual awareness has to rise enough so that we are able to do our life review while alive-the whole exercise being able to fulfill the purpose of our being on this earth. This is something particularly difficult to tackle right now, so I again went back to the newspapers. This time about spirituality and sexuality-it did seem quite interesting but then I found out that everybody is or considers himself spiritual at some level. I gave up and rested for a while, there are better things to worry about.
Question: how do I beat the Monday blues tomorrow?
Answer: the person who needs a holiday the most is the one who has just had one.
Not good! So I need to get back to the life review as again I need to find the meaningful purpose of my life. Everything in this world can't be as futile as it seems. There can't be as much gloom in this world.
Can somebody not mention the Mumbai attacks for sometime! This guy is on a Holiday-trying to take a break.
But first I need to find strategy to fight the Monday blues away.
-Pasang D Lepcha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tulip Blooms 2021: How to grow Tulips in pots?

Seasons

Mountains and Biodiversity : International Mountain Day 2020