Darjeeling-My Homeland


Somewhere in the corner of my heart I still love you...
Somewhere I know that you are still wanting. Someday I know you will rise and shine. I hope I to be alive to see that day. Someday I hope you will stand tall, like the Kanchenjunga that your sight beholds. The stories and legend belies your present state, which saddens the heart more and more.
It's amazing to sit down and think sometimes that it's in your narrow curvy lanes that you hold your charm. The folds of the mountains that adorn your beauty. The chitter, chatter and the hourly chime that raises my spirit during dismal times
It's not a dearth of good people that holds you down, for you  nestle thousands of good souls in your lap. I hope I live to see the day when all these good souls unite to regain this paradise on earth that's Darjeeling.
--Pasang D Lepcha
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” ―Albert Einstein
Consciousness Drives the Universe
View of Mount Kanchenjunga from Darjeeling Railway Station

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tulip Blooms 2021: How to grow Tulips in pots?

Seasons

Mountains and Biodiversity : International Mountain Day 2020